Please note that if you Pear'ed your TarDisk to your computer, and received this error code, "Step 1" and "Step 3" are not applicable to you.
A SMC Reset followed by a PRAM reset and make sure that you remove troublesome windows files. Don't have have the faintest clue what I'm talking about? We figured as much so just follow the steps below and your TarDisk and MacBook will be running in no time at all!
To reset the SMC:
- Shut down the computer.
- Plug in the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter to a power source and to your computer.
- On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
- Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
- Press the power button to turn on the computer.
On MagSafe power adapters, the LED might change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.To Reset the Pram:
- Shut down your Mac.
- Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
- Turn on your Mac.
- Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
- Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time continue holding until it chimes 3 x.
- Release the keys.
Delete Windows Files:
After you have done the above, if you are still having the error, it may because of some files on your system especially if you share folders with a windows computer (i.e. Dropbox). You will most-likely run into issues with files if they contain special characters (? / < > " | > *) or were originally created on a Windows computer. Remove these files will fix the issues.