No one wants to delete memories - and now, you don't have to.
We have a different TarDisk for each MacBook model.
Just like the MacBook Pro, TarDisk is constructed from premium components and
finished inside of a solid aluminum uni-body chassis.
Only the best.
Cut from a single block of aluminum, enclosure adds rigidity, dissipation of heat, near perfect color matching.
Immersed in 14kt gold, all electrical contacts are engineered for accurate, reliable data transfer. Every time.
High-density 16 GigaByte (128 Gigabit) (MLC) NAND dies provide compact digital storage available up to 256GB.
Industry leading 4k flash memory controllers, ensure stable, fast access to your data for when you need it.
Digging through your desk to find an old storage device is now a thing of the past. With TarDisk, your data is automatically sorted out for you. There's nothing to manage, nothing to do. It just works. And it's fast.
There may be instances where you need to remove your TarDisk. For these rare occasions, the ability to remove your TarDisk is still maintained. Un-Pearing is a simple process which can be accomplished in a few steps. A full guide is included to support you on our help page.Close
Pear provides a unique implementation of a hybrid drive which
combines a specially built TarDisk and your internal solid state drive to provide a single managed logical volume on your MacBook. One drive, twice as big.
1. The new logically merged volume is managed by OS X.
2. Internal SSD is primarily used before data is sent to TarDisk.
3. More frequently used files are maintained on SSD hardware.
4. TRIM enabled SSDs maintain original speed benefits of TRIM.
5. Read/Write buffer ("swap-space-equivalent") is maintained on SSD to buffer writes to files located on TarDisk.
6. Failure modes, if ever encountered, allow for direct restoration from Time Machine backups.
Performance tests taken with BlackMagic, GeekBench and NovaBench, intended to quantify as many metrics as possible both before and after Pear-ing, show equivalent or slightly improved MacBook performance.